The oratory building, dating back to the 13th-14th centuries, is spread over two floors: on the ground floor there is a chapel and on the first floor some rooms.
Originally it belonged to the Confraternity of the SS. Sacramento, then it was used to watch over the dead before burial, given the prohibition of the Municipal Statutes to leave the corpses inside the houses.
The oratory has the shape of a square and on one of the back walls is placed the Chapel of the Innocents, a small barrel-covered room decorated with elegant frescoes. Particularly interesting is the crowning frame of the building made with terracotta shelves.
Frescoes of the Oratory Le Bare
Inside the Oratory there are valuable frescoes, the oldest with figures of Saints, by an unknown author, dating back to the 13th and 14th centuries. The cycles of the Nativity and Adoration of the Magi by Francesco de Magistris are dated to around 1530.
La web app Cuore di Marche è frutto della passione e dell’impegno degli autori.
Aiutaci a migliorarla, scrivendoci le tue impressioni:
The Cuore di Marche web app is the result of the passion and commitment of the authors.
Help us improve it by writing your impressions: