Erected along the North-Western and South-Eastern route, on the East side of the road that ascends to the upper part of the village of Pontile di Fiuminata, bordering to the South-East with another property built adjacent, the church of San Pietro overlooks the largest widening of the village with the main North-West gabled facade, plastered, which is characterized exclusively by a portal with a frame placed on a stepped base and by the oculus that overlooks it.
The side elevations, crowned by a 45 ° angled brick coping like corbels, finished with smooth concrete, are characterized by two windows each, placed at the top, which contribute with the facade oculus to the natural lighting of the hall.
At the South-East end of the factory the bell tower rises with a square plan and imposing dimensions.
If the original plant can be traced back to the 15th century, the current state is the result of several interventions ranging from the reconstruction of 1653 to the expansion of the apse and presbytery carried out in 1950 until the last post-earthquake restoration in 1997 and the further improvements made in 2008.
The entirely plastered interior takes place in three spaces with progressively increasing elevation: hall, presbytery and scarsella.
The hall is covered with a wooden system of exposed beams and purlins that supports the brick roof slab, internally plastered; the presbytery and the scarsella are covered with barrel vaults in plastered camorcanna. Originally, the church ended with a presbytery reduced in depth compared to the current one.
In 1653, it was decided to enlarge the church by increasing its depth, the presbytery and scarsella were designed from scratch. The pilasters placed at the corners of the new presbytery, on which both the two triumphal arches and the minor lateral arches of the niche on the right and of the sacristy room with an overhanging choir on the left near the base of the bell tower are set, they therefore give the impression of being inside a church with a Latin cross plan. The scarsella, placed on a further rise with respect to the attic of the presbytery, houses a valuable altar characterized by a finely carved and gilded wooden frontal, coming from the sanctuary of the Madonna di Valcora.
On the sides of the hall there are two minor altars surmounted by niches housing as many statues of saints.
La web app Cuore di Marche è frutto della passione e dell’impegno degli autori.
Aiutaci a migliorarla, scrivendoci le tue impressioni:
The Cuore di Marche web app is the result of the passion and commitment of the authors.
Help us improve it by writing your impressions: